For me, this was just a pretty short stay, and I think there’s still plenty to see and do in the area; I’m pretty sure I’ll be heading back fairly soon.
This was a 6-night stay…
- Accommodation: see the breakdown below – $214.52*
- Getting around locally – $0 (very walkable)
- Living expenses; food and groceries – $139.22
- Activities – $0
- Mobile phone/data – $24.03
- Medical insurance = $24.77**
- Total $402.54 / 6 nights = $67.09 per
*Breakdown of separate hotel reservations:
- 3 nights at Navatara Phuket Resort – $116.77
- 3 nights at Rawai Palm Beach Resort – $97.75
Transportation to and from varies too much, so I’ve left it out along with most incidental/one-time personal costs. In this case, I took a local bus (PHOTHONG) from Phuket Town for about $1.30. All other standard day-to-day expenses are included to give an idea of how much things cost in the area. So groceries will sometimes include basic personal care items (i.e. toothpaste, deodorant, contact solution/drops, etc.).
** Medical insurance is a bit different than usual for this visit to Thailand. Due to the required hospital stay even if showing no symptoms, I went with a company that specifically states they will cover the charges if this were to happen. I paid one price to cover 90 days initially, but I’m breaking it out per day here.
I’m continuously trying to figure out how best to provide the most useful information, so if you have any ideas please let me know; you can comment here, on social media, or send me an email (MeanderingMax@gmail.com). I appreciate your support!