This was an unexpected and short stopover; a nice area, but terribly slow right now.
This was a 3-night stay…
- Accommodation – $50.36* (additional information below)
- Getting around locally – $0
- Living expenses – $62.60 (groceries and eating out)
- Activities – $0
- Mobile phone/data – $12.01
- Medical insurance = $11.75** (additional infromation below)
Total $136.72 / 3 nights = $45.57 per
Transportation to and from varies too much, so I’ve left it out along with most incidental/one-time personal costs; in this case, I shared a taxi from Naiharn, my part was about US$31.86. All other standard day to day expenses are included to give an idea of how much basic living costs in the area. Groceries will sometimes include basic personal care items (i.e. toothpaste, deodorant, contact solution/drops, etc.).
- All 3 nights were at the COSI Krabi Ao Nang Beach (rooms were less expensive than usual during my stay)
**I’ve paid for 180 days of medical insurance coverage in Thailand and am breaking it out per day here. When I leave I will come back to adjust these posts for actual costs based on the number of days I stay in the country.
I’m continuously trying to figure out how best to provide the most useful information, so if you have any ideas please let me know; you can comment/DM on social media, below, or send me an email (MeanderingMax@gmail.com). I appreciate your support!